Thursday, May 29, 2008

Chelsea's Chocolate Chip Cookies


I think that some people have a chocolate chip cookie recipe that works best for them - I've tried Kellee's before, and they never turn out as good as Kellee's are. I've tried my neighbors recipe, and they've never turned out as good as my neighbors. So here is my recipe that always works for me!! I use the Nestle Toll House recipe, but I changed the butter down to 1 1/2 sticks instead of 2 sticks. I also put in a little more flour then the original recipe calls for (the recipe calls for 2 1/4 cup, and in my recipe I use 2 1/2 cups). Whenever I used 2 sticks of butter they were good but then one day I didn't have enough butter so I just used 1 1/2 sticks and VOILA - they turned out to be my most favorite tasting cookies that I can make! But, remember to follow Kellee's instructions on not melting the butter in the microwave - the temperature of the dough is the trick!!


INGREDIENTS

*1 1/2 sticks butter (softened)
*3/4 cup brown sugar
*3/4 cup white sugar
*2 eggs
*1 tsp. vanilla
*2 1/2 cups flour
*1 tsp. baking soda
*1 tsp. salt
*1/2 cup to 1 cup of chocolate chips (or more depending on your taste)


Preheat oven to 375. Mix the butter, and sugars together until well blended (kind of fluffy). Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well, until kind of bubbly. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix again, until it is all well incorporated. Dough shouldn't be too wet or too dry, just perfect to take spoonfuls of dough and plop them on the cookie sheet. Stir in the chocolate chips (I've tried putting in a whole package of chocolate chips with this recipe and it is WAY too many - it turns out that half of your cookies have more chocolate chips then dough. Don't grease your cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for about 7 to 10 minutes. Depending on your stove - I usually cook mine about 7 to 8 minutes.

4 comments:

Kellee said...

Hey, Where is the rest of our crew!! Come on Ladies... Post your recipes!!!

I agree with you Chels, everyone finds a perfect recipe that works for them. These look delicious and I love how you made it your own... you go girl! I'm going to try them!!
Love you cutie!

Kellee said...

Notice how the dessert recipes are taking over? These Larson girls know what's good!!

Unknown said...

You are too cute Kell!! We can't forget Dad along with the "ladies". Dad, I'm waiting for those delicious Dutch Oven Potatoes! I actually can't wait for ALL of your yummy recipes. Oh, and of course we know what's good - we are a family who has GREAT TASTE!! Love you all!

Chani Pratt said...

Okay, so this picture looks good enough to eat! I think I might have to make some CCC's tonight!