Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Beer Bread

One of my girlfriends was talking about this bread the other day and so today I cooked it up and oh my gosh, sooooo yummy! I'm cooking a fryer chicken and thought this would go good with it. I can't believe how it taste's just like bread (the alcohol cooks right out of it) and the yeast in the beer is what makes it rise. Plus it is soooo easy!

Beer Bread

3 cups flour
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp baking powder
1 12 oz can of beer (the cheaper the better they say)
1/4 cup butter melted.

Preheat oven to 375, grease 9x5 loaf pan. Combine all ingredients except butter. Mix until well blended, pour into pan. Pour melted butter over top and bake for 45-60 minutes.

THAT'S IT!! What a fun treat for dinner... fresh baked bread that didn't take me all day.. go to love it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

MMMM - I love bread and I'm always looking for a great and EASY bread recipe!! I'm excited to try this one!! Cool, I'm so excited at how easy it is!!