Saturday, August 9, 2008

Food Slut!

I have to share one of my friends cooking blogs with you all. It is adventuresofafoodslut.blogspot.com/2007/02/recipe-index.html
She is a great cook and I've tried a number of her recipes. She's now gone vegan, which has inspired me to try and cook 1 meatless meal a week. I'm going to be cooking up her version of Haystacks... included below (her blog is loaded with tons of recipes, not are vegan style).

Haystacks
1 cup dry lentils
4 cups water
4 cups hot cooked rice (white or brown)
assorted toppings; cheese, red onions, sour cream, jalapenos, sliced veggies, salsa, salad dressings

Combine lentils and water in medium sauce pan. Boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20-30 minutes until tender.
Serve lentils over rice and top with desired toppings.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this site - it looks great!! I added it to our favorite food sites! I'm excited to try some of her recipes.