Saturday, January 30, 2010

White Chicken Chili

I thought I had the best White Chicken Chili recipe until my friend brought me this to eat one night! I almost peed my pants it was so good. To tell you the truth, after we ate what she gave us, I salivated ALL the next day craving it. So I called her up and got her recipe and we had it for dinner the night after too. My belly was so full of soup it was sloshing around.
So PLEASE for the love of EVERYTHING good, you need to make this RIGHT NOW!! I promise you won't regret it!
INGREDIENTS
*1 lb chicken - you can cut this up into chunks and cook it on the stove, OR, I just boiled my chicken and then shred it. A nice little tip......once you've boiled your chicken stick it in your kitchen aid and mix with with your main mixer and it totally shreds your chicken for you! I LOVE MY KITCHEN AID!!
*1 medium onion
*1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
*1 Tbsp oil
*2 15 1/2 oz cans Great Northern Beans - I just use my dried packaged beans and cook them in the crock pot (if you have enough time), but any white bean will basically work.

*1 14 1/2 oz chicken broth

*1 tsp salt

*1 tsp cumin

*1 tsp dried oregano

*1/2 teaspoon pepper

*1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional) - I left this out because my kids don't always do spicy, although I LOVE IT!!

*1 cup sour cream

*1 - 1 1/2 cups heavy cream

Saute your onion and your garlic in the oil until it's transparent. Add your chicken and mix together. Add your beans and broth and seasonings and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes. Add your sour cream and your heavy cream and mix together. I used the full 1 1/2 cups of cream because it makes it taste OH SO YUMMY, but you can add depending on your own taste. If you like your chili a little thicker you can mix together 1 cup of water with a half cup of flour and mix that in over a low heat until it thickens up a bit. If you still need it a little thicker, add some more. Although I think this soup works great a little runny.

It's even greater topped with some fresh cilantro and crunched up tortilla chips!!

Please, make this today!!

No comments: