Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Po Po Potatoes!!!

These are so yummy and make such wonderful side dishes (cheap too). Let's share some of our favorite potato recipes!

Mashed Potato Casserole

2 1/2 pounds potatoes, pealed and cubed
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp butter
1 tsp onion salt
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Cook potatoes in boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender; drain and mash. Add remaining ingredients, and beat and medium speed with electric mixer until smooth. Spoon into lightly buttered 2 qt baking dish. Bake immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours. If refrigerated, let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking.
Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

My girlfriend made this for Thanksgiving one year and we all loved it. This is a big hit every time I make it. Now when ever I make regular mashed potatoes I always add cream cheese and sour cream... It is soooo good.

Twice Baked Potato

4 large baking potatoes
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter softened
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 tsp salt
dash of pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives (grass hehehe... remember Keith??)

Bake the potatoes (I usually microwave them).

Cut potatoes length wise in half; scoop out inside leaving thin shell. Mash potatoes in medium bowl until no lumps remain. Add milk in small amounts, beating after each addition. Add butter, mayo, salt and pepper; beat vigorously until potato is light and fluffy. Stir in cheese and chives. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 400 for 20 min.

We love these and I always cook them for the Superbowl, but we have them for dinner often too. Jay and I love the crispy shell... Yummy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

MMMM, I love potato side dishes!! I'll post some of my good potato recipes when I get a chance! These both look so good!! Thanks Kell!