Sunday, March 1, 2009

Peanut Butter Bars


These are a common dessert around our household. Not only because they are so good, they are also so easy and I usually have all of the ingredients. Since I'm making them for Sunday dessert tonight, I thought I would post as I make....here ya go!!
Cream together
* 1 1/2 cubes butter
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1/4 cup peanut butter
Add and mix
* 3/4 tsp. baking soda
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1 1/2 cups flour
* 1/2 tbsp. vanilla
* 2 cups rolled oats
Topping
* 1 package chocolate chips
* a few spoonfuls of peanut butter
Press into an un-greased 9x13 pan. Cook at 350 until light brown for about 10-13 minutes. Cool. Melt chocolate chips (I melt mine in the microwave for about 45 sec to 1 min. at a time and stir, repeat, until melted) and add a few spoonfuls of peanut butter (to your taste) to the chocolate and mix together. Spread this over the top of the bars. Another good topping is to spread a thin a layer of peanut butter on top of the cooled bars and then spread some hazelnut chocolate spread (called Nutella - yummy) on top of that. Cut and eat!!
OOOOOOH so good!!

No comments: