Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Loaded "Baked Potato" Soup

Now that fall is here, soups are one of my most favorite things to make. Here is one I love (and it's so easy & is done in the microwave under 15 minutes).

What you need:
1 1b baking potatoes (about 2) cubed
1 can (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth
1 cup milk
3 slices cooked bacon (crumbled and divided)
1 c shredded Cheddar cheese (divided)
1 green onion sliced, divided
1/4 cup sour cream

Make it:
Microwave Potatoes in large bowl on high 5 min., stirring after 2 1/2 min. Stir in broth and milk. Microwave 10 min., stirring after 5 min. Carefully crush potatoes with masher.
Reserve 2 Tbs each bacon and cheese and 1 Tbs onions for topping. Stir in remaining bacon, cheese and onions into soup.

Serve:
Topped with reserved bacon, cheese, onions and sour cream.

Makes:
4 servings, about 1 cup each (I usually double this recipe).

This was really good and very easy. I'm cooking it up tomorrow with my left over bacon.

4 comments:

Chani Pratt said...

Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm...I LOVE making soups to...especially this time of year. This one sounds delish! I am so going to try it. Thanks Kell
~Chan

Unknown said...

I'm making this tonight!! Although I have no bacon, I'm sure it will still be awesome!! I love how easy it seems, Thanks Kell, you are a total life saver!! Love you

Unknown said...

So I made this potato soup for dinner tonight!! My family loved it. Luckily though, we are all soup eaters! I didn't have bacon or green onions...I had to compromise a little. I also had to cook my potatos for maybe 25 minutes (I might have cut them too big). I replaced the bacon with a little bit of bacon bits and then put in some Minced Onions. I also only had Sharp Cheese. But it still turned out Oh so good!! I like my soups a little thicker so I thickened it up with some potato flakes (Chani's tip - hee hee). It was SOUPER SOUPER good, and even easier! Thanks Kell! Love you tons!

Kellee said...

I'm so glad you liked this Chels. This is a basic recipe and I find I compromise as well. I usually add more pototoes which help thicken it up (I love Chani's idea about the potoato flakes, I just have to remember it when I'm coooking ;). I have some fresh herbs in my kitchen including chives, so I usually substitute chives for the green onions. I also add garlic salt for seasoning. We had the rest for leftovers last night and I think it's even better the second time around. HMMMMM!